Consul General Hong Lei*
China, People's Republic of
100 West Erie Street
Chicago, IL 60654 USA
312-803-0104 (Consular Notification)
Mr. Hong Lei, born in August 1969, graduated with a BA degree.
- 1991-1994: Staff member, Attaché, Department of Information, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China (MFA)
- 1994-1997: Attaché, Third Secretary, Chinese Embassy in the Netherlands
- 1997-2000: Third Secretary, Deputy Division Director, Department of Information, MFA
- 2000-2004: Second Secretary, First Secretary, Chinese Consulate General in San Francisco
- 2004-2007: First Secretary, Division Director, Counsellor, Department of Information, MFA
- 2007-2010: Counsellor, Department of Information, MFA
- 2010-2016: Foreign Ministry Spokesperson, Deputy Director General, Department of Information, MFA
- 2016-: Consul General of China to Chicago
Married with a son.